Had an old online friend on the pod last night.
He mentioned reading something on Twitter that said – working in big tech today is similar to working in the banking industry in the early 2000’s.
What led to this?
- Twitter: Huge accounts hyping up Web3.
- Pace of Innovation: Web3 space churning out novel applications and overnight millionaires.
- The Big Tech Exodus: Top talent quitting jobs to build the next big thing in Web3.
- Capital: VC firms like a16z pouring in a ton of capital.
- To catch up, Big Tech is now adopting Web3: Stripe, Coinbase, Twitter, Tiktok, and others have announced their crypto-focused teams.
Attention is where the money is, and money is where the attention is.
Web3 seems to have captured both.
If you liked it, leave your comments here!